2021 Leadership and Mentoring Program
Do you want to improve your leadership skills? The Victorian Rural Women’s Network (the Network) offers funded places for eligible Victorian-based rural women on highly regarded leadership and mentoring programs. The Victorian Rural Women’s Leadership and Mentoring Program (the Program) is designed for rural Victorian women at every stage of their leadership journey.
Funded places are available to Victorian-based rural women who are connected to agriculture or the agriculture supply chain. The Network is proud to partner with three program providers to offer funded places in 2020 and 2021:
Which program is for you?
If you are a rural Victorian woman connected to agriculture who wants an introduction to board skills, The Observership Program offers the opportunity to gain valuable experience sitting as an ‘observer’ on a board.
Applications open: Monday 7 June 2021
Applications close: Sunday 4 July 2021
Find out more information here. https://www.observership.com.au/
- be a Victorian Rural Women’s Network subscriber. You can subscribe at: https://extensionaus.com.au/VRWNetwork/subscribe-to-the-victorian-rural-womens-network/;
- be a regional or rural woman who permanently resides in Victoria; and
- be involved in the Victorian agriculture sector and/or the Victorian agriculture supply chain.
- Selected candidates will be expected to participate in a range of communications activities connected to the Victorian Rural Women’s Network including: Newsletter and magazine articles; social media posts; website stories; potential media opportunities; other opportunities related to the Victorian Rural Women’s Network.
- A capped out-of-pocket expenses allowance is available on a case-by-case basis for travel, accommodation, child-minding and other potential costs that might prevent potential candidates from participating in this program. Details will be supplied on securing a funded place.
If you are a high-achieving rural Victorian woman connected to agriculture you may benefit from Leadership Victoria’s Women Leading Now, an intensive, two-day, virtually-delivered leadership program.
Applications open: Monday 3 May 2021
Applications close: Monday 14 June 2021 (Queen’s Birthday Public Holiday)
Delivery dates: Thursday 29 July (evening), Tuesday 3 August and Wednesday 4 August 2021
To apply, see the Women Leading Now application form.
Are you an emerging leader?
If you are a rural Victorian woman connected with agriculture who is at entry to mid-career leadership level, see:
Do you live in Victoria’s Alpine Valleys, Ballarat, Goulburn Murray or Wimmera districts?
Alpine Valleys Community Leadership Program APPLICATIONS CLOSED
(Covering the shires of Alpine, Benalla, Indigo, Mansfield, Moira, Towong, Wangaratta and Wodonga)
Leadership Ballarat + Western Region Program APPLICATIONS CLOSED
(Covering the shires of Ararat, Ballarat, Golden Plains, Hepburn, Moorabool and Pyrenees)
Goulburn Murray Community Leadership Program APPLICATIONS CLOSED
(Covering the shires of Benalla, Campaspe, Greater Shepparton, Mitchell, Moira, Murrindindi and Strathbogie)
Leadership Wimmera Program APPLICATIONS CLOSED
(Covering the shires of Hindmarsh, Horsham, Northern Grampians, West Wimmera and Yarriambiack)
All 10 regional areas of this program have been included between 2019-2021.