Women’s Board Leadership Program
What is the Women’s Board Leadership Program?
The Women’s Board Leadership Program, delivered through Women Victoria, provides governance training and mentoring to women with board experience. The Victorian Rural Women’s Leadership and Mentoring Program offers funded places on this program to rural Victorian women connected to agriculture who have experience on a community or government board or committee of management.
Programs are delivered through the Victorian Office for Women (Women Victoria), the Australian Institute of Company Directors and Leadership Victoria.
The Victorian Rural Women’s Leadership Program offers funded places to Victorian rural women connected to agriculture on the following programs in 2020:
- Strengthening Board Skills
For women starting out in their board careers (one-three years’ experience on a board or committee of management)
- Mastering Board Skills
For women who are experienced board directors (more than three years’ experience on a board or committee of management)
- Apply within the open dates:Applications open: TBC Applications close: TBC
- Be a Victorian Rural Women’s Network subscriber. Here is a link to the network’s subscriber page:extensionaus.com.au/VRWNetwork/subscribe-to-the-victorian-rural-womens-network/
- Be a rural or regional woman who permanently resides in Victoria
- Be involved in agriculture or the agriculture supply chain
- Have experience on a board or committee of management
- Be serving on a Victorian Government board or a not-for-profit board if currently a board director
- Be able to travel to and attend all activities and opportunities related to the funded place
- Candidates should apply for the program via the Women’s Board Leadership Program website and read and agree to the program’s terms and conditions
- A capped out-of-pocket allowance is available on a case-by-case basis for travel, accommodation, child-minding and other potential costs that might prevent candidates from participating in this program. This process is managed by Women Victoria.
- Selected candidates will be expected to participate in a range of communications activities connected to the Victorian Rural Women’s Network including: - Newsletter and magazine articles - Social media posts - Website stories - Potential media opportunities - Other opportunities related to the Victorian Rural Women’s Network.