What are the Regional Leadership Programs?
Regional Leadership is one of four partnered program providers in the Victorian Rural Women’s Leadership and Mentoring Program. Regional Leadership provides leadership programs in 10 regions of Victoria so rural and regional women can develop leadership knowledge, capacities and skills to make a positive difference in their communities.
The Victorian Rural Women’s Network aims to provide funded places on all 10 Regional Leadership programs over a period of three years to benefit rural women connected with agriculture across the state. In 2019, the first year of the Victoria Rural Women’s Leadership and Mentoring Program, funded places were offered on the following programs:
- Northern Mallee Leaders
- Gippsland Community Leadership Program
- Rivers and Ranges Community Leadership Program
Funded places will be offered on the following programs for 2020:
- Leadership Great South Coast
- Loddon Murray Community Leadership Program
- Leaders for Geelong
- Alpine Valleys Community Leadership Program
Programs for 2021
- Fairley Leadership (Goulburn Murray Community Leadership)
- Leadership Wimmera
- Leadership Ballarat and Western Region
- Apply within each program’s open dates. See individual program websites for details.
- Be a Victorian Rural Women’s Network subscriber. Here is a link to the network’s subscriber page: extensionaus.com.au/VRWNetwork/subscribe-to-the-victorian-rural-womens-network/
- Be a rural or regional woman who permanently resides in Victoria
- Be involved in agriculture or the agriculture supply chain
- Be able to travel to and attend all activities and opportunities related to the funded place on the Victorian Regional Community Leadership Program course
- Candidates should apply for the program via the applicable program link below and read and agree to the relevant program’s terms and conditions
- A limited out-of-pocket allowance is available on a case-by-case basis for travel, accommodation, child-minding and other potential costs that might prevent candidates from participating in this program
- Selected candidates will be expected to participate in a range of communications activities connected to the Victorian Rural Women’s Network including: -Newsletter and magazine articles -Social media posts -Website stories -Potential media opportunities -Other opportunities related to the Victorian Rural Women’s Network.
- Opens: 22 July 2019. Closes: 25 September 2019.
- Opens: Early August 2019. Closes: End September 2019.
- Opens: Early September 2019. Closes: Early/mid November 2019.
- Opens: Early 2020. More details to come.