For the latest updates in RD&E for the Australian chicken meat industry, join the AgriFutures Chicken Meat Program webinars live or listen to the recordings.
These webinars are designed to connect researchers and the outcomes and benefits of their research to all areas of industry.
Below is a list of webinar recordings now available related to biosecurity, environment, gut health and nutrition. Click on the topic area to view the full playlist on YouTube or select individual webinars.
- Rodent control, Alex Howard
- Mass disposal preparedness, Rod Jenner
- Poultry decontamination project, Margaret Sexton
- Controlling broiler house litter moisture… the early weeks, Michael Czarick
- Drying litter before chick placement, Mark Dunlop
- Litter amendments, Mark Dunlop
- Litter best practice manual, Eugene McGahan
- Litter supply and risk management, Eugene McGahan
Water and energy
- In shed sprinkler systems, Mark Dunlop
- Potential energy savings using direct-drive variable speed fans, Mark Dunlop
- Best management practice for water quality and sterilisation on farm, Stephen Wiedemann
- Water security in the chicken meat industry, Eugene McGahan
- Solar PV assessment tool, Gareth Forde
- Carbon & environmental impacts of poultry: 2020 and beyond, Fran Copely
- National planning and environmental guidelines, Eugene McGahan
- Mycopesticides for the control of darkling beetles, Steven Rice
- Next generation probiotics to enhance the gut health of chickens, Rob Moore
- Critical amino acids to improve gut integrity of chickens fed reduced protein diets, Reza Barekatain
- Population level biomarkers of gut health in commercial flocks, Priscilla Geber
- Optimising barley inclusion in the diet of meat chickens, Mehdi Toghyani
- Formulating with non-starch polysaccharides, Natalie Morgan
- Responses of single or mixed sex broilers to low protein diets and the variations, Shubiao Wu
- Formulating broiler diets based on protein and starch digestive dynamics, Sonia Liu
- Database of the nutrient content of Australian feed ingredients, Amy Moss
- Utilising synthetic amino acids and branched-chain amino acids in low protein diets, Peter Selle
- Optimising amino acid profiles and energy in reduced protein diets, Sonia Liu
- Response of meat chickens to arginine in reduced protein diets, Bob Swick
- The response of broilers to insoluble fibre and exogenous enzymes in low protein diets, Shubiao Wu
Don’t forget to check the events calendar for any upcoming webinars.