For your convenience, here is a list of completed research projects related to energy that were funded by the AgriFutures Australia Chicken Meat Program. This list will be updated as projects are finalised.
- Reviewing the Solar Photovoltaic Assessment Tool for the chicken meat industry – online tool farmenergy.tech (PRJ-011528)
- Variable-speed exhaust fans for meat chicken sheds (PRJ-010598), published December 2018
- Effects of an in-shed sprinkler cooling system on temperature, relative humidity, water usage, litter conditions, live weight and mortality – final report (PRJ-010245), published November 2018
- Energy strategy: techno-economic cost-benefit analysis of waste to energy and energy efficiency (PRJ-009747), published January 2018
- Reducing costs and energy by replacing inefficient ventilation fans – final report | Guide: how to reduce costs and energy by replacing inefficient ventilation fans on meat chicken sheds (PRJ-008688), published June 2015
- Quantifying on-farm energy usage in the Australian chicken meat industry – final report (PRJ-005770), published January 2015
- Review of fan efficiency for meat chicken sheds – final report | ‘How to’ guide for measuring fan performance and efficiency in meat chicken sheds | Tunnel ventilation fan comparison spreadsheet | Ventilation fan cost calculation spreadsheet (PRJ-005038), published June 2015
- Solar guidelines for Australian on-farm chicken industry – final report | Two case studies of commercial viability for solar photovoltaic systems on meat chicken farms | Solar PV assessment tool for chicken farmers – spreadsheet (PRJ-009278), published November 2014
- Conversion of waste to energy in the chicken meat industry – final report (PRJ-002964), published March 2013
- Using life cycle assessment to quantify the environmental impact of chicken meat production (PRJ-004596), published April 2012
Return to ‘Energy’.