The Australian Government, under the 2019 ACACA grant opportunity, is inviting applicants to apply to:
- undertake a Project in Australia and/or China, or
- undertake a Trade Mission to China.
The Australia–China Agricultural Cooperation Agreement (ACACA) is a treaty-level agreement between the Australian and Chinese governments. The ACACA program operates under this agreement.
The beneficiaries of the ACACA program are Australian agriculture, fisheries and forestry industries, organisations, businesses and individuals (and their respective industry or sector) who are seeking to enhance cooperation between Australia and China in agriculture.
The objectives of the ACACA program are:
- promote bilateral cooperation in agriculture, fisheries and forestry between Australia and China
- develop the trading relationship between Australia and China
- exchange scientific information to enhance cooperation and develop linkages between Australia and China
The intended outcome of the program is to fund projects and trade missions that:
- support the ACACA program objectives
- align with one or more of the ACACA agreed funding priorities
- provide flow-on benefits for the applicant, project and trade mission participants and the applicant’s broader industry or sector in both Australia and China.
More information is available here