The applicant makes and distributes fresh nori rolls (sushi) to retail outlets, including cafes, school canteens, train station kiosks, hospitals, recreation facilities and universities.
After a trip to Japan, the applicant has an idea to develop and pilot a vending machine to supply fresh nori rolls, most of which meet government Healthy Choices Guidelines.
The company uses a voucher to work in partnership with a vending machine manufacturer to:
- develop a prototype machine suitable for vending nori rolls
- adapt their existing products and packaging
- develop supply procedures (including safety and quality assurance)
- test market feasibility and acceptability.
- The “Nori on the Run”/ “Sushi up Late?” vending machines are being trialled by several universities and also in two large Melbourne hospitals.