Sustainability Victoria is offering a competitive grants program to support organisations in Victoria to reduce packaging waste disposed in landfill.
- Applications are now open and close 5 March 2021 or earlier if the funding is fully subscribed or closed
- We aim to inform the applicant of the outcome within 30 days of submission
- Projects must be completed within 12 months of signing the funding agreement
- Grants of up to $50,000 are available
- Financial co-contribution is required at a ratio of 1:1
- Small to medium enterprises can contribute up to 25% of their co-contribution as in-kind. Funding from other government sources cannot be included in the co-contribution.
- Not-for-profits and social enterprises can contribute up to 50% of their co-contribution as in-kind. Funding from other government sources can be included in the co-contribution.
Who is eligible?
The grants support organisations that use, produce or recycle packaging to enable them to transition to more circular economy business models. Small to medium enterprises, not-for-profits or social enterprises are eligible to apply for funding.
They must have:
- a valid ABN
- less than 200 full-time equivalent employees
- been in operation for at least 12 months
- engaged with our Investment Facilitation Service for resource recovery
- a satisfactory environmental, safety and financial performance
- agreed to the Terms of Participation in Grant Programs and Funding Terms and Conditions
- proposed a project in Victoria
- not yet commenced their project.
What is eligible?
An eligible project must seek to achieve one or a combination of the following:
- reduce generation of packaging waste
- increase or improve recovery of packaging waste
- manufacture packaging using recovered materials
- remanufacture using packaging waste.
Projects that primarily reduce, recover or reuse the following materials will be considered for funding plastics, paper and cardboard, glass or rubber. Projects that primarily recover metals are excluded from this program.
Grants are available to assist with eligible project costs, including:
- piloting new systems, processes or technologies
- acquiring additional plant and equipment
- expanding facilities to enable increased resource recovery
- enabling works to house new plant and equipment
- research, development and demonstration.
- Email the Investment Facilitation Service (sustainability Victoria) to confirm the eligibility of your organisation and project.
- Once eligibility is confirmed, the Investment Facilitation Service will send you the guidelines and application form.
- Agree to the Terms of Participation in Grant Programsand Funding Terms and Conditions.
- Complete and submit the application form within 30 days of receipt of the application pack.