Applications for the Small-Scale and Craft Program will be open from Friday 25 October 2019.
Applications can be made here
The Small-Scale and Craft Program targets businesses looking to scale-up operations, diversify product lines and expand outreach.
Two streams of funding are currently available under the program:
- Stream One – Small-Scale and Craft Business Development: Grants up to $25,000 are available to eligible small-scale and craft agribusinesses for projects that support businesses to scale up, expand their operations and diversify their products – with applications closing on 6 December 2019.
- Stream Two – Job Creation and Economic Development: Grants of $25,000 – $200,000 are available to eligible small-scale and craft agribusinesses for significant projects that will deliver benefits to the community and generate jobs.
Completed expression of interest forms need to be emailed to email@example.com by 31 December 2019.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have a current Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Be registered as a business in Victoria.
- Have a Victorian business address.
- Be a legal entity.
- Operate a small/micro agribusiness within the small-scale and craft sector, i.e. cannot be a subsidiary of a larger firm.
- Agree to participate in future program evaluation activities.
- Meet all industrial relation obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards.
- Be able to meet the agreed (minimum 50 per cent) private cash/finance contribution, and provide evidence of the contribution.
- Attest to having obtained all relevant regulatory permits and approvals for the project to commence (where applicable).
- Provide relevant business information on the project, including costs.
- For grants above $50,000, provide audited financial reports for the last three financial years to enable the department to conduct a Financial Risk Assessment (including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and notes to the accounts) and management or interim accounts for the current year, if the most recent Financial Report is more than six months old (Stream Two only).