As outlined in the Healthy Food Charter, the VHEE works to :
- promote consumption of fresh fruit and vegetables
- reduce consumption of energy-dense and nutrient-poor food and drinks
- reduce consumption of salt and saturated and trans fats
- improve breastfeeding rates and maternal and infant nutrition
- increase the proportion of children and adults in the healthy weight range
- promote enjoyment of healthy foods
- improve access to nutritious food.
The VHEE hosts an annual Food Forum. The 2018 Food Forum will be held Tuesday 19 June.
For more information on the VHEE, the Healthy Food Charter or the Healthy Eating Advisory Service click here