- This event has passed.
Seasonal Update and long-term outlook
When: 18 September 2019 @ 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Where: Stanhope Football Netball Clubrooms
Organiser: Agriculture Victoria
Four free, cross-industry sessions will provide the latest on irrigation, commodities and climate settings and outlooks. There will also be an opportunity to hear from a local farmer about plans for the season and managing for the long-term.
Situation and outlook
- Water availability in the southern connected Murray-Darling Basin
- Climate, rainfall and inflows – three-month and long-term outlook
- Grain and fodder – availability and outlook
- Key drivers of future irrigation water availability – including permanent plantation expansion and inter-valley trade limits.
- Local farm case study.
EXPERT Speakers include
- Colin Peace, Director, Jumbuck Ag
- Vernon Carr, Sector Lead – Horticulture, Agriculture Program, BoM
- Craig Feuerherdt, Business Development Manager, H2OX
- Mark Mitchell, Senior Policy Officer, DELWP.
Dates and times
|Stanhope||Wednesday 18 September|
|12.30 pm – 3 pm (lunch at start)
Football Netball Clubrooms
|Murrabit||Thursday 19 September|
|9.30 am – 11.30 am (lunch after)|
|Murrabit Golf Club
Kerang- Murrabit Road
|Macorna||Thursday 19 September|
|12.30 pm – 3 pm (lunch at start)|
Macorna South Road
|Katamatite||Friday 20 September
9.30 am – 11.30 am (lunch after) Recreation Reserve, Foy St