Feed pads, renewable energy and more!
When: December 13 @ 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
Organiser: Agriculture Victoria
Agriculture Victoria invites you to join national experts and specialists on the latest key technologies seen first-hand on-farm.
This free event will include interactive elements involving our special guests – short talks, a visit to three locations on the property and a panel session.
Topics covered will include:
- Reducing the environmental footprint
- Technologies and programs in reducing methane emissions
- Australian guidelines for loose housing, cattle shelters and feed pads
- Related climatic past and future trends.
Our guest speakers
- Tim Jelbart – Jelbart Farm
- Jennie Pryce – Agriculture Victoria
- Karen Romano – Dairy Australia
- Peter Best – Innovative Farm Services
This field day will provide the opportunity for all participants to visit three information stations, whilst engaging with national experts and specialists on:
- Solar energy applications, cost savings and future plans
- Maternity and calf rearing shedding benefits and relevant technology
- Feed pad and effluent management integration project
- Research and data gathering on biodigester feasibility.
Registration and morning tea 8:00 – 9:00 am
Program Start 9:00 am
Program Finish 2:30 pm
Location: Jelbart Dairy, Leongatha South (exact location provided on registration)
Numbers are limited, book early: https://www.trybooking.com/CMZKG
For more event information, please contact Billy Marshall on M: 0418 718 527 E: [email protected]