- This event has passed.
Irrigation Webinar 5: Securing your future water needs – Harnessing carryover
When: 29 April 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Where: Online Webinar
Organiser: Agriculture Victoria
Irrigation webinar series
Webinar 5: Securing your future water needs
– Harnessing carryover and other water products
This webinar will discuss smart ways of taking advantage of the current low water prices to better manage future water price risk in 2021-22 and beyond.
- Situation and outlook for southern Murray Darling Basin (sMDB) water allocations and the water market – and what the outlook means for securing future water requirements
- Current opportunities with carryover water, allocation forwards, entitlement leases and carryover leasing (parking)
- Implications of carryover rules and spillable water, for irrigators
- Protecting and accessing your carryover
- Balancing the costs, benefits and risks of carryover and other water products in your farm water portfolio.
Thursday, 29 April from 1 – 2 pm.
How to register
To register in advance for this webinar, go to https://bit.ly/AgVicWMW5.
After registering, you will receive an email containing important information about joining the webinar, including a passcode.
For technical issues please call John Paulet on 0429 158 500, or for information about the webinar series call Rob O’Connor on 0408 515 652.
More Irrigation webinars to come
Themes to be covered in this monthly irrigation webinar series include water trade, water policy and irrigation technology.
This webinar is brought to you by the Sustainable Irrigation Program, a partnership between Agriculture Victoria, Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP), catchment management authorities, and rural water corporations.