The Victorian Rural Women’s Network partners with Leadership Victoria to deliver funded places on two programs: the Williamson Community Leadership Program and Women’s Leadership Program.
What is the Williamson Community Leadership Program?
The Williamson Community Leadership Program is a highly sought-after program for high achieving leaders with around 10 years’ experience in the workplace. Participants span a range of fields, age groups, sectors and backgrounds.
The program offers a year of leadership-focused activities designed to develop and connect emerging leaders across sectors and generations. The program covers a selection of critical issues facing today’s leaders, brought to life by seminars from renowned leaders, field trips, case studies and other activities culminating in an end-of-year retreat.
The Victorian Rural Women’s Leadership and Mentoring Program offers one funded place on the 2020 Williamson Community Leadership Program to a rural Victorian woman connected to agriculture.
When are applications open?
Applications open: 1 May 2019
Applications close: Extended to Sunday 1 September 2019
- Read more about the Williamson Community Leadership Program in the 2020 brochure
- Read about eligibility and how to apply online in the tabs below.
Women’s Leadership Program (Leadership Victoria)
Leadership Victoria’s Women’s Leadership Program is a three-day, residential intensive course for senior leaders with considerable leadership experience. Designed for C-suite, executive leaders, and developed by women for women, the program takes participants out of their comfort zone and into a journey of self-discovery and development.
Using the three components of self-awareness, empowerment and activation, the program focuses on enabling participants to recognise their strengths, build an ongoing support network of peers from a range of industries and sectors, and develop skills and confidence.
The Victorian Rural Women’s Leadership and Mentoring Program partners with Leadership Victoria to offer funded places on the Women’s Leadership Program for 2020.
Applications open: early 2020
More information to come.
Read more about Leadership Victoria’s Women’s Leadership Program at leadershipvictoria.org/programs/2019-womens-leadership-program
- Apply within the open dates: Applications open: Early May 2019 Applications close: Extended to 1 September 2019
- Be a Victorian Rural Women’s Network subscriber. Here is a link to the network’s subscriber page: extensionaus.com.au/VRWNetwork/subscribe-to-the-victorian-rural-womens-network/
- Be a rural or regional woman who permanently resides in Victoria
- Be involved in agriculture or the agriculture supply chain
- Be able to travel to and attend all activities and opportunities related to the funded place on the Williamson Community Leadership Program
- Candidates should apply for the program via the Leadership Victoria website and read and agree to the program’s terms and conditions
- A capped out-of-pocket allowance is available on a case-by-case basis for travel, accommodation, child-minding and other potential costs that might prevent candidates from participating in this program. Details will be supplied on securing a funded place.
- Williamson fees are structured so that there is an organisational and an individual component. The standard organisational fee will be fully funded by the Victorian Rural Women’s Leadership and Mentoring Program (including Intensive and mentoring program components). The individual fee (of $1,826) must be paid by the selected candidate.
- Selected candidates will be expected to participate in a range of communications activities connected to the Victorian Rural Women’s Network including: - Newsletter and magazine articles - Social media posts - Website stories - Potential media opportunities - Other opportunities related to the Victorian Rural Women’s Network.
- If you have any further questions, please email the Victorian Rural Women’s Network at VRWNetwork@ecodev.vic.gov.au or telephone the Williamson Community Leadership Program on (03) 9651 6590.