The Observership Program
What is The Observership Program?
The Observership Program is one of four partnered program providers in the Victorian Rural Women’s Leadership and Mentoring Program. The Observership Program offers the exclusive opportunity for talented, emerging leaders to sit as an ‘observer’ on a not-for-profit board over a period of 12 months.
Training is provided to observers through The Observership Program and its strategic partners, the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) and The Ethics Centre.
When are applications open?
In 2020, the Victorian Rural Women’s Network is offering THREE funded places to rural Victorian women connected to agriculture on The Observership Program on three not-for-profit boards:
Applications open: 22 July 2019
Applications close: Extended to 25 August 2019
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR APPLICANTS:
STEP 1: Candidates applying for a funded place will be supplied with a code which waives the standard application processing fee.
STEP 2: Please email VRWNetwork@ecodev.vic.gov.au to register your interest in applying for the program.
STEP 3: You will be contacted by the VRWN team and asked a couple of questions around eligibility via email before being supplied the application code.
Please note The Observership Program requires a high level of commitment which potential participants should carefully consider before submitting their application.
- Apply within the open dates: Applications open: 22 July 2019 Applications close: Extended to 25 August 2019
- Be a Victorian Rural Women’s Network subscriber. You can subscribe at: extensionaus.com.au/VRWNetwork/subscribe-to-the-victorian-rural-womens-network/
- Be a rural or regional woman who permanently resides in Victoria
- Be involved in agriculture or the agriculture supply chain
- Be an emerging leader who is passionate about the not-for-profit sector
- Be able to travel to and attend all activities and opportunities related to the funded place on The Observership Program. Some activities may take place outside your regional area and both within and outside of normal office hours.
- Following pre-screening and supply of fee waiver code (see How to Apply), potential observers candidates should apply for the program via The Observership Program website and read and agree to the program’s terms and conditions
- A capped out-of-pocket expenses allowance is available on a case-by-case basis for travel, accommodation, child-minding and other potential costs that might prevent potential observers candidates from participating in this program
- Observers Selected candidates will be expected to participate in a range of communications activities connected to the Victorian Rural Women’s Network including: - Newsletter and magazine articles - Social media posts - Website stories - Potential media opportunities - Other opportunities related to the Victorian Rural Women’s Network.
- STEP 1: Read the eligibility and assessment criteria at the VRWN website (above).
- STEP 2: Before starting your application, email email@example.com to receive a code to add to your application form that waives the application fee.
- STEP 3: You will be asked a couple of questions around eligibility before being supplied the code.
- STEP 4: Check the sample application, key dates and FAQs on The Observership Program website to ensure you are eligible and can fully commit to the program.
- STEP 5: Apply online at The Observership Program website.