Get involved in a new event – Country Cuppas
The Victorian Rural Women’s Network is excited to celebrate International Day of Rural Women on 15 October 2019 by supporting a series of local gatherings across Victoria — Country Cuppas.
Country Cuppas encourages women to take time out to connect over a cuppa with other women in their region and share ideas, networks and knowledge.
Gatherings will take place at venues across the state on 15 October and the weekend prior. You can participate in this relaxed event by registering to host a gathering in your region.
If you want to meet new friends, boost the sense of belonging in your community or simply talk about things that matter to you, Country Cuppas is for you.
Whether you host a morning tea at home, a long lunch or a dinner at your favourite restaurant, Country Cuppas will open doors to creating new friends and connections.
Six easy steps to host a Country Cuppas gathering
- Choose a date to host your event (on 15 October, 2019, International Day of Rural Women, or the weekend prior, Saturday 12 or Sunday 13 October).
- Decide what type and size of event you want to host (a morning/afternoon tea, lunch or evening gathering)
- Decide where to hold your event (at home, a local community venue, café or restaurant)
- Register to be a Country Cuppas host on Eventbrite
- You will receive an email and event pack from the VRWN with all you need to promote and host your Country Cuppas gathering
- If hosting at home, encourage attendees to bring a plate and have some fun!
Got a question? Email email@example.com
About Victorian Rural Women’s Network events
‘Victorian rural women are stronger through connection’
The Victorian Rural Women’s Network (VRWN) exists to inspire, resource and empower rural women. The network attends, delivers and promotes key events across Victoria that benefit rural women of all ages and backgrounds.
Whether you are a working woman, young farmer, community advocate or entrepreneur, events held and promoted by the VRWN aim to connect and upskill all rural women so they can lead and influence with confidence.
Keep up to date with the latest events and opportunities by regularly checking the network’s:
- website for inspiring personal stories, useful resources and access to the Victorian Rural Women’s Leadership and Mentoring Program
- event calendar for details of upcoming events where you can connect with rural women and potential mentors
- e-newsletter, an informative quarterly news update including inspirational stories and personal development opportunities
- Facebook and Twitter pages to enjoy connection and conversation around topics that matter to rural women.
Meet new friends and make new connections at events like the VRWN’s 2018 Rural Women’s Forum. The inaugural forum, held in Creswick in 2018, was attended by more than 100 rural women and included workshops on social media, financial literacy, leadership and wellbeing.
Learn from innovative rural women who have started their own businesses, made a success of their farm, improved their community or stepped up into a leadership role. Feel supported and connected to like-minded individuals who want to see you thrive and succeed.
Do you have an event you would like us to share? Send the details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to the network to access all this and more.