In February 2020, there is another round of Seasonal Updates coming up with information on commodity outlooks and cropping options for the 2020 season.
These free, cross-industry sessions will assist irrigators with upcoming sowing, irrigation and stock feeding decisions.
The latest information will be provided on climate and commodity outlooks, along with cropping options and management tips for limited water availability.
They will be held at four locations across the GMID.
All sessions: 10.45am for an 11 am start, 1 pm finish followed by lunch
18th February 2020 – Calivil Recreation Reserve rooms
19th February 2020 – Rochester, Campaspe Golf Club
20th February 2020 – Stanhope Football Netball Club
21st February 2020 – Kerang Agriculture Victoria Office
Situation and outlook
- Short and long – term climate outlook, climate drivers and levels of certainty
- Key drivers of hay and grain prices including the drought, fires and international issues
- The current irrigation water resource position and outlook for 2020-21
Farm decision making
- Irrigated and dryland cropping and forage options, and management
- What to do with your water
- Feed buying tips
Speakers will include:
Damian Jones, Irrigated Cropping Council
Colin Peace, Jumbuk Ag
Graeme Anderson, Agriculture Victoria
Andrew Shields, Goulburn Murray Water
More information including venues can be found on the flyer below.
Information and presentations from the Seasonal Updates in September can be found in the links below: