Terry Martella, Kirip WA:
What are the main IPDM issues being focussed on?
Mites, ADB, weevils, mealybug, powdery mildew (influenced by netting), and looper.
What are you doing currently with IPDM?
- Resistance program based on activity groups
- Monitoring mites and mealybug
What has worked well? What hasn’t?
- Mite monitoring generally paying off because it allows observation of predators.
- Vertimec appeared to fail this year.
What would you do differently next time?
- Consider replacing Klartan for ADB.
- Investigate CLID’s
Any interesting learnings?
- Trying to stop post harvest dipping.
- Netting has resulted in less scald, probably due to sun.
- Sanitise bins with ozone but need to use/monitor it better.
Take home message
Be observant. Every time you change the environment you change a lot of other things in the system.