The Victorian Rural Women’s Network is excited to celebrate International Day of Rural Women on 15 October 2019 by supporting a series of local gatherings across Victoria — Country Cuppas.
Country Cuppas encourages women to take time out to connect over a cuppa with other women in their region and share ideas, networks and knowledge.
Gatherings will take place at venues across the state on 15 October and the weekend prior. You can participate in this relaxed event by registering to host a gathering in your region.
If you want to meet new friends, boost the sense of belonging in your community or simply talk about things that matter to you, Country Cuppas is for you.
Whether you host a morning tea at home, a long lunch or a dinner at your favourite restaurant, Country Cuppas will open doors to creating new friends and connections.
Six easy steps to host a Country Cuppas gathering
- Choose a date to host your event (on 15 October, 2019, International Day of Rural Women, or the weekend prior, Saturday 12 or Sunday 13 October).
- Decide what type and size of event you want to host (a morning/afternoon tea, lunch or evening gathering)
- Decide where to hold your event (at home, a local community venue, café or restaurant)
- Register to be a Country Cuppas host on Eventbrite
- You will receive an email and event pack from the VRWN with all you need to promote and host your Country Cuppas gathering
- If hosting at home, encourage attendees to bring a plate and have some fun!
Got a question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org