The Renewable Energy Landholder Guide has been produced by the NSW Farmers’ Association with funding from the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment. This Guide is a great resource, designed for landholders who:
• Are considering hosting a wind or solar development on their property
• Are in the process of having a development constructed on their property; or
• Already host a development on their property.
The guide provides information to assist landholders at all stages of development and operation, particularly:
• The role of landholders in the development process
• Landholder rights and responsibilities; and
• Potential impacts (positive and negative) of development.
Please note: Although written for NSW farmers, many of the general principles and insights in this Guide are relevant to farmers in other states. Planning regulations and other matters outlined in this Guide may be out of date, or not relevant to your jurisdiction and it is important to note that it is not a legal document and does not replace legal advice.