The Victorian Mallee Irrigation Region Land and Water Management Plan is being renewed and is now open for public comment.
The plan sets out objectives and actions to deliver sustainable irrigation in the Mallee catchment area.
The latest draft:
- Provides the framework to help irrigators carry on managing salinity, water logging, environmental impacts and water quality risks from irrigation;
- Continues to prioritise irrigation incentives, to assist growers upgrade irrigation infrastructure to adopt best practice methods;
- Proposes to refine the salinity management framework, renew efforts to rehabilitate degraded floodplains impacted by irrigation and river regulation, support Aboriginal partnerships, and encourage the irrigation community to continue to be forward looking and resilient.
The Mallee Catchment Management Authority (CMA) is seeking feedback on the plan, open until 4.30pm Friday 31 January 2019.
The plan can downloaded here, or contact the Mallee CMA to request a printed copy to be sent to you.
To provide feedback:
- Complete the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MalleeLWMP
- Or provide feedback (including your name and contact details) in an email to email@example.com
- Or provide feedback (including your name and contact details) in writing to:
Mallee Catchment Management Authority
PO Box 5017
For more information on the Victorian Mallee Irrigation Region Land and Water Management Plan contact the Mallee CMA via (03) 5051 4377, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Content sources and further information