Recently, some changes have occurred to the eligibility criteria for Irrigation Incentives in the Macalister Irrigation Area.
BPSI (Best Practice Surface Irrigation) is now available ($400/ha) for anyone that is able to irrigate with a stable and consistent flow rate. This now allows river and groundwater diverters to be eligible as well as those with a modernised outlet. The only exceptions are solely drainage diverters, or those irrigators with Dethridge wheels.
Other Eligibility criteria
- A Reuse dam must be present
- Have a completed and approved farm plan that has the proposed works on it
- Work must have not already been completed (i.e we can’t offer retrospective payments)
Flood to Spray conversion incentive is now available for areas that have previously been funded for a reuse dam, but have not claimed the BPSI incentive at $400/ha, so long as the reuse was installed before 1st July 2019.
To be eligible for this incentive, you must have a completed & approved farm plan that has a detailed design for the pivot on it, and there needs to be evidence of flood irrigation occurring on the area in the past.
Our other incentives are still available including:
Reuse system funding at $400/ha, providing that the design is on the farm plan, and it is built to these specifications:
- It needs to be sized between 0.75-1ML/10 hectares of irrigated catchment
- The area that the dam can re-apply water to needs to be 40% of the total irrigated catchment area of the reuse dam.
Irrigation Farm Planning incentives, rate dependant on whether the farm plan is a new farm plan ($90/ha) or an upgraded farm plan ($45/ha). We will fund up to 75% of the plan cost
If you are unsure of your eligibility of these incentives, or have a general irrigation inquiry, feel free to call the Gippsland irrigation team on 03 5147 8000 and we can provide you with more information.