Energy storage technologies provide the opportunity to capture excess energy generated on-farm to be utilised at a later time when there is energy demand.
Agriculture Victoria hosted a webinar to explore energy storage options for on-farm use.
Presenter Ellie Shirdel, Pitt & Sherry, spoke about energy storage options including batteries, thermal storage and kinetic systems. Ellie provided an overview of each technology and how these technologies may be utilised on-farm.
Fred Jonkers, a Gippsland dairy farmer, shared his experiences and the benefits of installing a solar and battery system for his farm.
This webinar was recorded on 6 April 2022 and all information was accurate at the time of recording.
Transcript: Energy Storage Options – Webinar recording
More information on energy storage options:
Other webinars in the series:
- Understanding your electricity bill and supply – Webinar recording
- Energy Efficiency on Dairy Farms – Webinar recording
- Solar on-farm – Webinar recording
- Bioenergy – Webinar recording
- Energy Efficiency in Horticulture – Webinar recording
- Irrigation Energy Efficiency – Webinar recording
- Backup power options in agriculture – Webinar recording
The Agriculture Victoria Energy Webinar Series is part of the Victorian Government’s Agriculture Energy Investment Plan, which is supporting producers to improve energy usage on-farm.