Agricultural and woody biomass residues are generated across rural and regional Victoria which can be converted into renewable power and thermal energy, also producing biochar and wood vinegar.
Agriculture Victoria hosted a webinar to share a practical discussion behind the commercial case for investing in pyrolysis or gasification for your farm with topic experts and farm businesses.
Dominic Murphy, Meredith Dairy, shared the investment case, operation and benefits of the gasification system installed by Meredith Dairy.
Kane Ravenscroft, Optimal Group, provided an overview of pyrolysis, the opportunities and shared two case studies Rainbow Bee Eater is implementing for horticultural greenhouses.
Kelly Wickham, Agriculture Victoria, introduced the Advanced Thermal Treatment for Agricultural Residues (ATTAR) financial assessment tool.
This webinar was recorded on 13 November 2023 and all information was accurate at the time of recording.
Transcript: Commercial feasibility of gasification and pyrolysis on-farm – Webinar recording
More information on the Advanced Thermal Treatment for Agricultural Residues (ATTAR) financial assessment tool:
Other webinars in the series:
- Understanding your electricity bill and supply – Webinar recording
- Energy Efficiency on Dairy Farms – Webinar recording
- Solar on-farm – Webinar recording
- Bioenergy – Webinar recording
- Energy Efficiency in Horticulture – Webinar recording
- Irrigation Energy Efficiency – Webinar recording
- Backup power options in agriculture – Webinar recording
- Energy Analysis – Webinar recording
- Investing in Sustainable Energy – Larkman Nurseries – Webinar recording
The Agriculture Victoria Energy Webinar Series is part of the Victorian Government’s Agriculture Energy Investment Plan, which is supporting producers to improve energy usage on-farm.